The Scarlett Tide

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Maureen, Mrs. Quirk, is finally getting some help. And yes I finally remembered her name. The police department has been setting up a timeline of events and they're recruiting witnesses of the incident to come back to the school and relive some of their trauma. Bad idea, I know. Mo (Maureen) is traumatized even by the thought of that, and luckily enough for Mr. Quirk (whatever his first name is) Mo is shocked enough to give into his persistent recommendations of seeing a therapist. So she goes and she sees the therapist and basically the therapist contradicts everything that Mr. Quirk has done and says.
When I picked this book I really wanted to read about Columbine. I wanted more juicy details about the actual event not about a fictional couple pretending to deal with the aftermath. Maybe I'm a little sick in the head but I wanted to see the scene inside the school, the real terror and emotion then. So far, that's one chapter's plot. Otherwise it's Mr. Quirk and Mo fighting, whining, or apologizing. I'll get through it but not without some mind-dragging.
You see I have some problems when it comes to reading. I kind of have reading A.D.D. which I think can just be explained as regular A.D.D.. I read about a good book in one of my magazines, I go to Barnes & Noble, buy it and then get home and realize I have mounds of other books I've already started reading. I think I'm going through the A.D.D. stage with The Hour I First Believed. With no real dramatic plot twists or heart-wrenching details, I get bored. I'm afraid to announce that I've become bored.
I'm bored with the story, I'm bored with the characters and I'm bored with the author. Not to mention that the book is fat. Yes it's got big font size, but still it's fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home